Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What was your pregnancy style?


My mother always described the maternity clothes she wore while being pregnant with me as horrendous. By the time I was pregnant with my first, things were not much better. I mostly wore this yellow and white seersucker top and white maternity shorts.I got pretty comfortable in that uniform. After my pregnancy was over, I burned those things.
With my second, it seemed the world was finally catching up with the idea that women got pregnant and while pregnant parts of the body seem to grow larger during this transformation. The maternity line at Target was a saviour. I was in love with tank tops and long floral skirts. The photographs marking the era were not so kind.
Luckily by the third, I had figured out what worked and what did not. I still loved the tank tops from Motherhood Maternity but now instead of long floral skirts, Capri's were the finishing touch to the uniform of my pregnancy. (I guess you figured out so far that I have all summer babies?)
Kendra Wilkinson, "Maternity clothes are not for me!" the pregnant Playboy cover girl has said.
"I'll just buy bigger things!" she went on. [US Magazine]

Were you able to buy "bigger things" or did you have to venture into the maternity section when pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment