Tuesday, May 5, 2009

When your significant other is gloomy, does it make you that way too?


My husband works from home with me. We share the same office and at this moment I am typing listening to him try and fix a problem that is occuring with a sales issue that has reared it's ugly head.

I was in sales once. I was a kitchen designer. I drew up plans on the computer for kitchen and bath remodels. I assigned electrical blueprints to the floorplans. Redesigned for the client "taste" of the moment... redesigned again when Sally Sue down the street had the pot filler installed above her stove and of course that must be in their kitchen also... redesigned again when "We just have to have two dishwashers." (oh, did I mention they order take out every night?)

Then came the installation process. Did everything come in right? Do the cabinets fit? No... something was measured wrong... back orders... manufacturers problems...strike at the plant... on and on... Needless to say, when the company had to downsize because builders couldn't get construction loans in this economy, I raised my hand and walked out the door with a huge smile on my face and never looked back.

This week has been doom and gloom in the office (I think my writing is suffering from it) and yes, as my husband just said it "It's only Tuesday."

When your significant other is in a gloomy state, do you tend to fall into his/her mindset? Does the tidal wave of goop fall on your shoulders too?

With the gloom of overcast skies and rain falling every hour or so, I think I'm ready for a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment