Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Recognition is a Great Thing!!! Thank You, Thank You!

Okay readers, my blog here is relatively new. I'm extremely excited to be a part of The Virginia Gazette but up until recently I blogged only on Shine under the pseudonym of Apple. Shine a community site will ties to Yahoo! Since last October I have been posting writings on the site and love it because the community is so large and the feedback is wonderful. Who doesn't want to write when someone is listening?
This afternoon I was checking the site and ran across two blogs written by editors on that site and was pleasantly surprised at what was written about me. You can follow the links: Shine Readers We Love: Love + Sex and Shine Readers We Love: Fashion and Beauty or follow on below.


Here are a couple of excerpts of what was written: I'm so proud!



  • Have you met Apple? If not, you really really should. She's been writing prolifically on Shine since last October and her stuff is exceptionally strong. Apple has posted on everything from the scary laziness of sweatpants to our weird relationship with makeup, but I especially love her weekly celeb-style stories "It's a Miss!" which (quite hilariously) highlight "Looks I loathe." Jennifer Romolini

  • "There are so many user blogs that catch my attention on Shine, but over here in Love + Sex, Apple's posts are amongst my favorites. Per her profile, Apple, aka Leigh Ann Fisher, is a married mother of three girls, living in Williamsburg, Virgina and blogging up a storm. How she finds the time to blog for Shine nearly as frequently and as thoughtfully as one of our own editors is awe-inspiring." Joanna Douglas

  • "I've noticed that not only is Apple a fun and talented blogger, but she also comments on other stories, offering up advice or her own anecdotes that also enhance the Shine user experience for others." Joanna Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment