Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wedding Rings: Why Not Wear Them?


Last night on Larry King, Elizabeth Edwards was the guest. Promoting her book, Resilience, she sat behind the table on set giving her story behind why she would write a book discussing her cancer, marriage, and infidelity of her husband John. Towards the end of the interview, Larry King asked about her not wearing her wedding ring.


Larry King: "You told our friend Oprah that you didn't wear your wedding ring becauseyou jammed your finger..."


Elizabeth Edwards: "I really jammed it. This is actually sort of a funny story.When John was running for the Senate, he runs and when he runs he usedto run with his ring and he would sweat and he lost the first weddingring that we ever had, he ever had and he'll take it off in the shower,for the shower or something so one time he went to an event and he wasn't wearing his ring, very early.


And this ring - so I went to a place where they sell rings, I said I'dlike to see your size nine wedding rings and she said, well, we havefive of them and I said, I'll take them all.


"I really did jam my finger."


I was slightly confused in her answer because much of it made no sense. The sentences were run ons and how often she repeated things were baffling.


Okay so he lost the first ring running and sometimes he takes it off when he is in the shower? Who out there takes off their wedding ring in the shower? I know I don't. I know my husband doesn't. I'd be afraid it would wash down the drain (maybe he wanted it to wash down the drain.)


I do know there are people who do, but how do you feel without it on your finger? Do you feel any different?


Elizabeth Edwards went to a place that sells rings and bought all five of the rings in his size? That seems a little wacky to me. I guess when you live in that 28,000 square foot mansion you can afford to scoop up five wedding rings for your loved one so they choose the one to wear by the outfit they are wearing for the evening.


Do you take off your ring when you shower?


Purposely take it off before going in public?


Have you ever worn your ring to hurt your spouse? If you have so, how did it make you feel? Your spouse?


Should you ever take off your wedding ring?

No comments:

Post a Comment