Monday, May 18, 2009

Has fear ever led you to stop something you enjoy?


I'm a huge sports fan and living with a sports nut, I am surrounded by ESPN, Yes Network (Home of the Yankees), Monday Night Football, Mike and Mike in the morning (Mike Greenberg is a handsome reason to watch), Colin Cowherd and the list goes on. I enjoy sports and have my favorites: I am a die hard Raider fan, I don't care what anybody has to say about them. Silver and Black is where it's at. Maybe this year but that's my slogan every year.


Tony Kornheiser has resigned as an announcer on Monday Night Football. He has been an announcer for Monday night games for the last three years. He cites his legendary fear of flying as the reason behind his resignation. Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach John Gruden, who was also the Raiders head coach at one time, will be Kornheiser's replacement.


Okay, okay ladies I have bored you enough with this sports talk I know, but has fear ever stopped you from doing something you enjoy?


A couple of years ago, my husband and I went on a boating trip with some friends. I just knew that I was going to show everyone up on my kneeboarding skills but forgetting that my body had aged since the last time I was on one, I was shocked when I flew off it the first time. Nosedived into the water after hitting a wave wrong, the next morning I woke up with the worst pain in my neck. I could barely move. I suffered from whiplash for the next week. Laid up on the couch in tremendous pain, I vowed I would never put myself in harms way again. To this day, I sit on the boat. Never behind it.The pain I felt the day after my accident warrants my fear.Has fear of something real or imagined stopped you from doing something you once enjoyed?

No comments:

Post a Comment