Monday, July 13, 2009

Kate Picnics With Kids While Jon Vacations in France With Girlfriend: Who's having more fun here?


While Kate Gosselin picnics with her children in rural Pennsylvania, her soon to be ex-husband is spotted holding hands with his 23-year-old girlfriend aboard Ed Hardy designer Christian Audigier's yacht, Saturday in St. Tropez, France.

Kate Gosselin has spoken on how she wants "peace" for her children. Jon Gosselin has stated, "I'm only 32 years old. I don't know what's going to happen." He has also been quoted as "excited" about this next chapter in his life.

My mother and father divorced when I was eight. I watched as the duties of my mother doubled into being both parents. She worked full-time. Then she would rush home to make dinner for me and try and spend as much quality time she could before exhaustion set in. Without my father around during much of the week and only spending every other weekend with me, much of the parenting of me fell heavily on her shoulders. While he was away attending this party and that party and then off on hunting trips with his buddies, the presence he held as my father faded to a man whom saw me when he "could."

Many women involved in relationships with men that end with children in the picture, become the sole provider of the well being of the children. In 2005, the single parent family statistics show that of these, 84 % of the custodial parents are mothers, while fathers make up the remaining 16 % of single custodial parents. More that one in four families is headed by a single parent, with three out of four of these being single mothers.

Looking at Jon and Kate Gosselin, while she stays at home playing and nurturing her children, Jon is off gallivanting in the tropics with a new lady friend.

In relationships where children are involved, when a type of break occurs in the relationship do you feel that most times, the women are the ones that have to deal with the responsibilities of raising children more than the man? Do men come out easier from a divorce with children than the woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment