Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Be a Good Neighbor and Get the Good Neighbor Pass at Colonial Williamsburg!


If you are a resident of Williamsburg, James City County or the Bruton Distric of York County and do not have a Good Neighbor pass to Colonial Williamsburg, you need to ask yourself why not? For $10 adult pricing and free for children up to 18 years old, it's the most economical way to enjoy this beautiful city. Others travel here from other regions of the country to explore our backyard and have to pay upwards of $50 to enjoy the sights. For $10 a year you could enjoy and share in the history of what makes this city so unique. You should be ashamed of yourself by not supporting the reason this area has thrived for so long.


Yesterday, I took my girls to explore this area. I am ashamed to say that this was my first trip to my "backyard." After purchasing my Good Neighbor pass and posing for my identification card that will allow me to enter any of the historic areas and museums of Colonial Williamsburg, we headed over to the Governor's Palace. We toured the inside of this palace and tried to imagine living at the time before The Revolutionary War. How many swords can one home have? See for yourself. After finishing up the tour inside the home, we traveled the gardens and got lost in the Maze at the Governor’s Palace, saw how they kept ice before freezers were invented and ran up and down the steps alongside the canal bank. I want to bring a picnic lunch and eat here.


For more information follow this link. I see opinions in the local paper all the time about supporting tourism and this is your first step as a resident of this area! Want to see all of you out there. I'm the blonde in large sunglasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment