Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Paula's Gone: American Idol Is Next!


Look now because the picture will never be the same. Paula Adbul will not be returning to "Idol" next season.

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to Idol," she posted on her Twitter page. "I'll miss nurturing all the new talent,but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon."
Radar Online had posted previously, the veteran reality judge was asking for $20 million to return to the show. "Idol" seemed willing to offer half of that amount.
The news of her departure comes after host Ryan Seacrest inked a new contract worth $45 million over three years, making him the highest paid host on reality TV. Ryan Seacrest released a statement on his Twitter page last night saying, "I am shocked and saddened about Paula."
Paula wanted the money to stay. Should she have received it? I mean, Ryan Seacrest who hosts will make $15 million a year. It's reported that Simon Cowell rakes in $144 million a year. [RadarOnline] Paula, a veteran judge, wanted $20 million a year. Do you believe she was out of line asking for that much money?
Will you still watch American Idol after the fallout from Adam Lambert 's loss this year when it seemed the most likely outcome? Recently Ju'not Joyner said Idol was fake and rigged. I've personally witnessed how fake this show is. Now with Paula gone, will you watch?
I'm thinking Simon Cowell may jump this ship after next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment