Wednesday, August 19, 2009

If You Could Go Back, What's One Thing You Would Change In Matters of Love?


I thought we could have a little fun today. I'm really tired writing about some of the "so-called" celebrities that keep popping up in the news for doing absolutely nothing. Spencer and Heidi Pratt for one, She Teases She Has More to "Reveal." Shoot me now, would you? Kim Kardashian is another, Kim Hangs With Kourtney's Baby Daddy. What about the Gosselins? Fight Breaks Out, Cops Called!

After fighting a head cold for the last week and lying in the bed until I can no longer watch another episode of House Hunters, I took out my pen to think. It's hard to think when you are sick, or it is for me. Anyways, I was thinking about a time when I made a decision to do something, I should have never done. It all started with a boy. He broke my heart and dumped me because he said I was too good. I never wanted to hang out drinking or smoking with his pals. You know, things teenagers do... He would say I would rather read a book than hang out with him and his friends. He was right. I didn't want to watch him act like a fool around his buddies but be a different person when I was around. He was right about that.

I was devastated, though. After we broke up, I couldn't understand what I had done wrong. I was too good? Too good? Well, I would show him! I started stealing cigarettes from my mom and smoking them when she was at work. I would sit on the bathroom counter practicing how to light one and inhale just perfectly. It had to look right, you know. I had to look sophisticated. Soon enough, I had it down pat. I looked like I knew how to smoke and been doing it forever. It was time to show off my skills and especially to him.

He watched. He probably thought I was an idiot. I was. We never did get back together but the habit has kept. All for some dumb boy...

If you could go back in time to a point in your life when you acted on a whim in a relationship, what is the one thing you would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment