Friday, January 15, 2010

The Bachelor's Double Standard: It's alright for the boys but not for the girls


I have to admit it: This season I have been sucked into the Bachelor. For some reason, my husband turned it on the first night it aired and we can't stop watching it! Granted my husband is from Richmond where Rozyln, "THE CHEATER", is from. The chatter from our Facebook pages were loaded with a steady stream of gossip from her appearance on the show. A friend of mine actually used to date her when he was in high school.


Coming up on Monday's The Ellen Degeneres Show, Ellen asks Jake if he has found his soul mate. Jake responds by admitting he never knew he could possibly have feelings for more than one person.


"The world tells you that your heart can only be in love with one woman at a time, and that is absolutely not true." He tells Ellen. "That is one of the things I learned on the show." [People.com]


Yes, many people Jake have been in love with two people at one time. Haven't they? The hard part is deciding which one you love the most, right?


The thing that really gets me about this show and Jake's reaction to Rozlyn's betrayal is a question I want to ask of you?


If Rozlyn's laying her hand on a staff member constitutes as "cheating" then what is it considered when Jake goes around kissing every other woman on that show?





No comments:

Post a Comment